The facility services and cleaning industry is looking to seize new opportunities from new technology. But where to start, and what will be the actual effect? New studies of Tork EasyCube®, the world’s leading facility management software for data-driven cleaning, provides answers – for example at least 20 percent hours saved through data-driven cleaning and fully replenished dispensers on average 99 percent of the time.
The global cleaning services market has a great economic importance, expected to reach $74 billion in revenue by 2022, growing 6.2 percent on average each year1. However, the industry is also facing evident challenges, such as low profit margins, high staff turnover and frequent customer churn. The Domestic Cleaning Alliance estimates that the average cleaning company loses up to 55 percent of its total customer base every year. As the Internet of Things starts to impact a variety of industries, the cleaning industry also looks for new opportunities and new ways of working.
“Applying new forms of technology both to enhance the management of facilities and to create new kinds of work experiences may be the single most important challenge facing facility management professionals.” – Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) & International Facility Management Association (IFMA).2
Tork EasyCube is the world’s leading facility management software for data-driven cleaning. Sensors in facilities measure visitor traffic and refill levels, and translate that into real-time information about cleaning needs. This allows facility managers and cleaning teams to work proactively and do exactly what’s needed, when and where it’s needed – even in complex high-traffic facilities.
Unlike other solutions that are still in beta mode, Tork EasyCube currently has more than 100 customers – across high-traffic venues ranging from amusement parks and shopping malls to airports and office buildings. All working with data-driven cleaning enabled by the real-time information from Tork EasyCube. Studies that follow up on the measurable impact’ show double-digit effects on factors such as operational efficiency and quality of cleaning.
- 24 % fewer cleaning rounds with quality improved3
- At least 20 % hours saved through data-driven cleaning4
- Fully replenished dispensers on average 99 % of the time5
“One of the toughest cleaning challenges known to the industry is handling complex facilities, such as big pressure from serving high-traffic environments. Technology in itself cannot create new processes, but getting access to real-time data and new kinds of insights makes it possible to work in completely new and smarter ways. It’s a paradigm shift in the cleaning industry, and now we can prove the value,” says Anna Konigson Koopmans, European Marketing Manager for Tork Solutions.
The studies also show that with traditional cleaning, on average 89 percent of dispenser checks are unnecessary. Microsoft understands the importance of keeping data clean especially given the constant growth around Internet of Things.
“As a company today, you cannot afford to miss out on the Internet of Things. Ignoring it would mean saying no to valuable insights at times when customer demands and the competition are only increasing”, said Corine Schep, EMEA Director for Data, Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and IoT at Microsoft”
New whitepaper: How data-driven cleaning transforms the cleaning industry
While developing and refining software solutions for data-driven cleaning, Tork and Essity cooperate with experts in the field of digital solutions such as Kaj Storbacka, Professor in Markets and Strategy at the University of Auckland, and Corine Schep, EMEA Director for Data, Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and IoT at Microsoft, in order to continue to bring innovation and new solutions to the market with proven value.
About Tork EasyCube
- Tork EasyCube is the world’s leading facility management software for data-driven cleaning
- Sensors in facilities measure visitor traffic and refill levels, and translate that data into real-time information about cleaning needs
- This allows facility managers and cleaning teams to work proactively and do exactly what’s needed, when and where it’s needed
- The data from Tork EasyCube can be used for a variety of value-adding purposes – for example follow-up on KPIs, reduce stress for cleaners or demonstrate work performance and value to contractors
- Allied Market Research (2017), Cleaning Services Market: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecasts, 2014-2022.
- RICS & IFMA (2017), Raising the Bar: From Operational Excellence to Strategic Impact in FM.
- The weighted average of results achieved by two Tork EasyCube customers, measured during 158 days, before and after the implementation of Tork EasyCube®.
- Based on the documented results achieved by three Tork EasyCube customers, measured before and after Tork EasyCube™ implementation.
- Based on Tork EasyCube® data from 10 customers measured over 789 days